Free School meals
The information on this page has been taken from the Caerphilly County Borough Council website. For further information or guidance, please click here.
Who can claim?
Free school meals are available to eligible pupils who attend school full-time.
- Younger children who attend nursery for full days
- Sixth-form school pupils
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- to 31 March 2019, Universal Credit – This was done as a temporary measure, pending the development of new eligibility criteria
- from 1 April 2019, Universal Credit - provided your household has an annualised net earned income (Net earned income is defined as household income after taxes and deductions. It does not include income from Universal Credit or other benefits) of no more than £7,400 ( as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
If your children receive Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support or Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance in their own right, they could also be able to receive free school meals.
How to claim
The quickest and easiest way is to apply online. Click the button below.